EM Bakery Equipment is a second-generation family business with growth throughout North America. Today we are still committed to the same purpose and values that the company started with in 1982. In every product we represent, every service we provide and every relationship we steward, our core values are evident: Pride in our Products and People, Efficiency in our Operations, and Effectiveness in Helping Support the Clients’ Needs. We truly are a brand our customers can grow with!
The role of Service Technician reports directly to the Service Manager and is a key role and part of the service and operations team of EM Bakery Equipment. The Service Technician will be responsible for addressing service calls in the field, as well as installation of equipment and production lines with support from Service Manager. The incoming Service Technician will be a fast learner, with electrical and mechanical experience and have an understanding of working in a small size family run business with strong team building abilities. The service team member will thrive in this position by being self-motivated, good spirited, hardworking and willing to get into the mess to make things work.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Closing Date: March 1, 2021
Position includes work use of service vehicle fully equipped with power tools, portable mini welder, spare parts etc. Basic hand tools are to be supplied by applicant. List of hand tools required will be provided by EM. This position will require travel primarily within the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and BC Interior.
- Provide service and customer support for baking machines and production line electrical and mechanical component replacement, with the majority of time spent on diagnostics and basic repairs
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports within Zoho Inventory system
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Build positive relationships with clients
Skills & Experience
- Formal HVAC certification is ideal
- Electrical experience required, with specific experience in motor controls, motors, switches, relays, proximity sensors, electrical blueprint readings and PLC controls
- Mechanical experience required, with specific experience in shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys, conveyors, chains, v-belts, conveyor belts and gear reducers
- Travel required within Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and Interior
- Valid BC driver’s license
Education & Certifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Gas License required
- Certification in Electrical
- Strong conversational and technical English speaking and writing skills required
Please send CV to Jennifer Harper Uncao, VP HR at firstname.lastname@example.org